How to create Effective Affirmations
What are Affirmations?
Affirmations are sentences that we repeat to ourselves, either aloud or in our head. An example of a positive affirmation would be something like, “I am a confident and outgoing person.”
Affirmations can be used to create a desired outcome or a desired mental state. They have a big impact on our subconscious mind and have shown to improve self-confidence and self-worth.
People often say that affirmations don’t work. This is an affirmation in itself! Affirmations are only effective if you believe them.
Affirmations help you change your beliefs about who you are, what is possible for you, and how good or bad something might be for you.
They provide a voice of support when people around us aren’t supportive or want to sabotage our efforts at making changes or taking risks.
Making Affirmations Work for You
- Make your affirmation short, specific, and easy to repeat. Try to repeat your affirmations several times throughout the day.
- Write your affirmation in the present tense as if it is already happening – this will help convince your mind to make it happen!
- Include “I am” or “I have” before describing what you want – this will make the statement feel less like a demand and more like a wish that has already been granted.
- If you decide to write down your affirmations, display them somewhere you will see them regularly such as your mirror or even as a screensaver on your phone.
- Record yourself saying your affirmations and listen to this on a daily basis.
- Take your affirmations to the next level by trying the 55 x 5 technique.
Need some inspiration? Here is a list of positive affirmations you could use, or feel free to adapt these and create your own!
I am enough.
I am doing my best every day
The best is yet to come
I love myself for who I am
I am blessed to have a wonderful family and friends.
I can become anything I put my mind to.
I believe in my dreams.
I am grateful for every day
I love the creative energy that flows through me.
Do you already use affirmations? Let us know in the comments!